I decided to do something a little different for the blog this month: I’ll be posting on Thursdays instead of Sundays and including weekly roundups of how NaNoWriMo is progressing! You’re all welcome to join in and post a comment letting everyone know how it’s going or whether you need encouragement, etc!
So let’s dive in!
WEEK 1 ROUNDUP
- Switched projects on Day 2 (you’d be surprised how often this happens to me :P)
- Went full NaNo Rebel with editing instead of drafting.
- Editing my 2012 novel and my absolute baby: Dream Reaper
- Words Edited: 8580/120,161
- Goal Wordcount: <115k
- Scenes added: 2
- Scenes deleted: 1
- Finally figuring out my MC’s motivation – in six years, he’s never really had a personal goal!
- Removing redundant, overclarifying speech from the mystery arc – trusting the readers to extrapolate certain things from the evidence provided
- Tightening up the romance
- Rewriting the conclusion
- Creating a better segueway into Book 2
- Acute bronchitis set me back several days on my goals, so I am trying hard to get well so I can continue NaNo!
Week 2 Goals:
- Get the wordcount down to 119k or thereabouts
- Make it past the Hero’s Choice moment where the plot truly takes off.
What are your goals for Week 2, everyone? Leave a comment so we can cheer you on!!