When it rains, it pours! I’ve all but completely recovered as of last weekend from my illness, but now my husband, seemingly out of the blue, has developed pneumonia. So here I sit on Thanksgiving Day, in a Starbucks, alternately updating the blog and working on my NaNo project while avoiding his germs!
It really strikes me today how thankful I am for the opportunities I have to write, for a family that completely supports my dream, for the different writing groups I’m a part of, and for this day and age where things like indie publishing are a possibility. And I’m thankful for everyone who reads this blog! THANK YOU!
With that, here’s the roundup for Week 3!
WEEK 3 ROUNDUP
- Had the biggest breakthrough about my story – more on that below!
- Finished Dream Reaper – and added some additional content to work out the issues I uncovered during Week 2!
- Moved on to the second book in the duology
- Words Edited: 121,171/121,171
- Goal Wordcount: NA
- Scenes added: 3
- Scenes deleted: 0
- I finally realized that this particular series was designed, in my head, to be a high fantasy epic along the lines of LotR, The Dragonbone Chair, Stormlight Archives etc., not a YA/NA fantasy lite. Defining this genre parameter has freed me from a sense of tension over the word count, which in turn made it so much easier to add in the scenes I knew I needed to make Dream Reaper a successful story.
- Spent a lot of the week in turmoil, angry at my story, before I hit on what was causing the tension. Now that I’ve moved past that, I have a lot of lost ground to cover!
Week 4 Goals:
- HAVE FUN with editing and adding any additional scenes as needed! 🙂
What are your goals for Week 4, everyone? Leave a comment so we can cheer you on!!